Saturday, February 12, 2011

Small recap

So two Mondays ago I enjoyed the opportunity to speak at Freshley, our Monday night service. For about 30 minutes, I taught about the Mark 5 demoniac - the first person explicitly sent by Jesus to bring the kingdom to a majority Gentile region - to show that God uses the people we least expect to shape history. I included stories from my own life and, ironically reinforcing my point that God redeems our actions to often work more in spite of us than because of us, forgot to put my conclusion in my notes, bringing the teaching to somewhat of a crash landing. Nonetheless, I got a lot of great feedback, and I believe a lot of encouragement and hope was imparted to step in faith into callings only He can accomplish.

I've been pretty sick since that next Tuesday; I guess it's just that time of year. A lot of our staff have been sick the past two weeks, as whatever it is spreads through our tight community quicker than even the dorms it seems. Free time then becomes rest time, except when trying to put our intramural teams together for the Spring season. It's been a busy few days, but we now have two ultimate frisbee teams and two indoor soccer teams ready to go. I'm grateful to be back to health, just in time for the physically exhausting part of jumping back into sports with all these 18 yr olds fresh out of high school. At the end of the day, not a bad life.

No comments:

Post a Comment