Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Break

Well, Christmas Break was all I could have asked for: just being home with family was more than enough, it had been nearly a year since my family had all been together, with Jeff and me being in Japan and India respectively at different times over the summer. It was a time of rest, restoration of hope and passion, and just encouragement.

Though the break started with laziness and apathy that has been present in some past breaks, the Lord began redeeming those into resting in Him. Sunday I took the whole day before and after church to just go and pray, spend time in His presence, and let Him speak to me about this year. I really believe it will be the best semester of Wesley yet, as God mobilizes His people to bring heaven to Athens and even beyond this city. He showed me a role to play in calling our student leaders into greater maturity, and that even for the freshmen as well.

Right now, I have a greater passion for life than I have felt in a while, the fruit of which is greater productivity and revelation from just enjoying God's presence in each everyday activity. We have our 24hr staff retreat tomorrow, and I am so excited to see what God wants to do in and through our staff.

Please pray for an increase in passion, for all of us and not just me, that comes from intimacy with knowing and being close to the God of the universe who loved us enough to send His beloved Son to die for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment